The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) regulate and accredit veterinary practices under their Practice Standards Scheme and we are very proud to be the only accredited Veterinary Hospital (the highest level they award) in East Dorset. If you would like to know more about how we are inspected and what the different categories mean please click here. Our Hospital status means we lead the way among nearby vet practices.
Our clients and their animals have access to;
- 24 hr nursing cover. Our own vets and nurses are on site to treat inpatients 24hrs a day meaning that no patient or client has to travel to alternative locations for out of hours care.
- Intensive care facilities for small animals. We have oxygen therapy units, intravenous fluid pumps and warmers, heat mats and lamps and ECG machines
- Modern, padded and safe hospitalisation facilities with separate dog and cat kennels and and isolation kennels
- Ultrasound scanners including Doppler facilities
- Digital X-ray machine
- Endoscopy facilities
- 2 fully equipped operating theatres including a sterile theatre for bitch spays, orthopaedic procedures and eye surgery
- Ophthalmic examinations and referral service
- Dental examinations, dental X-ray machine and specialised dental equipment and expertise.
- In house blood and urine analysis